Podcast Update 2019: What's in your playlist?


In one of the graduate courses I teach I recommend various technology tools that may be of interest to my audience. For one of the weeks, I decided to share with them several podcasts that can be found in my playlist. Below are some of my most visited podcasts. While the majority of what I listen to is related to education and technology, some I listen to just for ear candy. The podcasts are listed in no particular order. 


Teaching in Higher Ed- this podcast deals with many aspects of teaching at the university level.

The Mind Online- this podcast focuses on digital literacy and how it shapes our interaction with content online.
The Privacy, Security, and Open Source Intelligence Show- this is a really higher-level security podcast that almost always goes so far beyond my comprehension I don’t know why I listen! But sometimes I can find out some cool privacy tips and tricks.
Ear Hustle- by far, one of my current favorites, and one that actually changed my point of view on judging people. It’s about life in prison at San Quentin.
IRL: Online Life is Real Life- created by Mozilla, this podcast deals with all things Internet-related.

Google Teacher Tribe- hosted by Kasey Bell and Matt Miller, this is a very popular podcast with educators interested in Google tools.

Reply All- by far, my absolute favorite show right now. Like Ear Hustle, I get super excited when a new show is released! It’s been described as “a podcast about the internet” that is actually about exploration about modern life and how to survive it.” The hosts are just cool, and fun to listen to. Some of their investigative reporting deals with social media apps like Facebook and Snapchat. Can’t recommend this one enough. I’ve blogged about some of my favorite episodes here: http://zumpanotechlab.blogspot.com/2018/06/get-on-it-podcasts-passwords-and-online.html
Stuff You Should Know- a podcast about...stuff you should know. This is one that you can basically browse the selection and learn more about topics that interest you.

The Dave Ramsey Show- ok...this is a shared iTunes account with my husband, and he is a big Dave Ramsey fan. Dave Ramsey is a money manager who will tell you if you are nuts. Or broke.

Without Fail- hosted by Alex Blumberg (one of the two co-hosts of Reply All), this show is interviews with entrepreneurs, artists, athletes, and others talking about their successes, failures, and what they learned from both.

The Rewatchables- This is one I haven’t listened to yet, but has been recommended to me. It’s a roundtable of people discussing movies they can’t stop watching. Being baseball season, I’m looking forward to listening to the Field of Dreams episode (I’m currently reading the book first).


What are you listening to?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Plagiarism

Water the Flowers, Not the Rocks: Tips from 10 Years of Instructional Coaching

ChatGPT for Educators