Happy 100 Posts to Me!

It's an anniversary, of sorts- my 100th blog post!  I thought it would be a good time to reflect on this blog and my purpose for it.  I was a classroom teacher for 15 years.  I absolutely loved it.  But after technology crept into education, I came to love that as well.  I was an early adopter and found that I enjoyed having my colleagues come into my classroom and ask me to show them how I was using technology with my students.  When the opportunity became available to become a coach, I jumped at the chance.  It hasn't always been easy, and hasn't always been as rewarding as I would have liked. But in year nine of this next chapter of my career I still hope that I am impacting students and education like I did when I was a classroom teacher.

I began this blog in 2012 when I was asked two weeks before the school year to be a teaching coach. I would be a part time computer lab teacher and coach at the same time.  Receiving a new teaching assignment at such a late date allowed me a bit of leverage with my boss- I told him I wouldn't be writing lesson plans to submit weekly to him alone but instead would blog my lesson plans as a way to provide transparency as well as model for other teachers what blogging looked like.

Evolution

Over the next four years I would write various types of posts:
  • On Coaching- examples of great technology integration, how-to guides and resources for educators, and posts promoting my colleagues and celebrating their willingness to incorporate technology
  • On Reflection- topics that are personal to me as an educator but show how I continue to grow and question my contribution to the profession
  • On Tips for a broader audience- information that not only pertains to the university students I teach but also for educational leaders
It's a bit difficult to think of where I'll be after another 4 years, and if I'll write another 100 blog posts. I do know, however that I'll still be in the field of education.  Like technology, it's my passion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water the Flowers, Not the Rocks: Tips from 10 Years of Instructional Coaching

Understanding Plagiarism

ChatGPT for Educators