Students began by filling out a graphic organizer with the following specific prompts:
- write your name in a creative way and take a picture of it
- capture your reflection in an unusual way through a picture
- spell a word that is meaningful to you with objects or people and take a picture
- take a picture of something that has your favorite color in it
- take a picture of something you are wearing or have on you
- take a picture up close of an object you find interesting
- take a picture of something fun or funny to you
- take a picture of something you couldn't live without
- take a picture of your favorite thing about school
- take a picture that shows off one of your interests
This organizer (available below) helped them focus on what they wanted to take pictures of around the school. I came in, demonstrated with an example of my graphic organizer and finished product and we were on our way! Parent volunteers made the process easier by taking small groups of students to take their photographs.
When we returned, the next step was for students to begin writing their audio scripts for each image.
Next, time to use ShowMe to insert our images and record our audio!