A Twitter User Guide for Teachers

This year I changed schools and was lucky enough to join Coonley's staff as a technology coach. Coonley is a great school doing many wonderful things with its students.  Parents can see these but what about everyone else?  Coonley didn't have a Twitter feed when I arrived.  I started an account and have been encouraging teachers, parents and students to join the conversation.  The first week of school had a different Twitter prompt a day.  Now individual classrooms are posting work samples and many people are jumping on board.  I'm hoping to eventually reach the point where we can have "Twitter Takeovers" where classrooms can lead the discussion for the week on our account.

For those who are still new to Twitter and need a little guidance I created a Twitter User Guide.  It isn't just for newbies- it contains 4 sections for those ranging from "what-is-Twitter" to "How-can-I-take-it-to-the-next-level".  Please follow us on Twitter! @CoonleyES  (Me too! @nmzumpano)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Plagiarism

Water the Flowers, Not the Rocks: Tips from 10 Years of Instructional Coaching

ChatGPT for Educators