Communicate with Parents
Remind, formerly Remind 101 is a service that allows teachers to communicate with parents and students. This FREE Web 2.0 tool allows teachers to create classes of students or parents and send group messages via text or email.
- One-way communication: teachers do not use their personal phone numbers, students and parents can not respond to the text/email.
- Only whole-group messages can be sent; no one-to-one communication
- Messages can be scheduled to send out automatically at a later date
- Photos, documents, Pdfs and more can be attached
- Teachers can see who viewed photos/documents
- Voice messaging is available
- Remind keeps a messaging history and never deletes messages
- Messages from Remind can be embedded on class websites or blogs
- It's FREE!
Ideas for Using Remind
- Send motivational messages to students
- Field trip reminders
- Spelling lists, class notes home
- Fun Facts
- Information: meeting dates, topics you are working on in class, school functions
- Snapshots of fun projects
- Warm up questions before a unit begins
- Send additional extension resources for class units
How Do I Get Started?
- Sign up for a free account
- Create a class
- Add students
- Start messaging!
Coonley staff: see Mrs. Zumpano if you need assistance!
Visit Remind's blog for teacher tips http://blog.remind.com/category/teacher-tips/
Remind Back to School guide https://d3498ple9xfqkw.cloudfront.net/marketing/pdfs/remind-back-to-school-guide.pdf